Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Sunday Post #1



THE SUNDAY POST

The Sunday Post

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books..share them!




    I want to give a quick explanation to why I've had a lack of posts lately.  In my previous review about Paper Towns, I briefly touched on why I haven't been active, and I figure this is a good time to explain more.  
  I recently began my freshman year of high-school, and its been . . . difficult.  I was home schooled my entire life until about two months ago, and I've never faced such a hard change.  I'm also on the Varsity cheer team at my school, and that has kept me really busy.  To sum this up, I've been super busy dealing with school, keeping up on homework, and cheer practice.  It's been hard to find time to read, and keep up on my blog.  Thankfully, my family and friends have been here for me throughout everything, and it's helped a lot.  A little shout-out to Sarah from Creativity Avenue (I'm at her house right now), for being here for me through all of this!

  I'm currently obsessed with Ed Sheeran, and my favorite song by him is I See Fire.  
  I'm also super-super-super excited for Christmas - nothing makes me happier than driving through a neighborhood looking at sparkling Christmas lights, putting ornaments on the tree, hanging stockings, and sitting around the fire with my family.  
  I went to Paris a few months ago, and it was sincerely the most extraordinary week of my life.  One of the stops we made was a visit to a bookstore I've always wanted to see, Shakespeare and Company.  It was infinitely charming, with a wonderful selection of books.  I probably spent an hour in there, loving every second of being surrounded by books from a different country.  
  My birthday is on the 19th (Wednesday!), and besides a load of books, I'm really interested in getting the Lokai bracelet.  It's infused with elements from the highest and lowest points on earth; water from Mt. Everest and mud from the Dead Sea.  It's so simple and pretty, I'm really hoping to get it for my birthday!
  
  Well that's it for my Sunday Post!  Hope you enjoyed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment