Monday, December 22, 2014

DISCUSSION POST - How Reading has Impacted My Life

How has reading impacted your life?  That's what I'm going to be discussing, today.

  Before I could read, I'd wrap my tiny fingers around the first book that caught my eye, and create my own story.  Flipping the pages, I allowed my mind to wander as I imagined a story, and then presented it to my family, all the while pretending to be reading the pages.  Years later, when I was the age of My Magic Tree house, The Box Car Children, and Nancy Drew, I truly fell in love with reading.  Once I got a little older, I yearned for something different.  A Dog's Life, and The Island of Blue Dolphins were the beginning of my adventure into contemporary.  I absolutely loved and cried over both of those phenomenal books, and ever since then, I've curiously widened my horizon, always experiencing different genres and stepping out of my comfort zone.  How has reading impacted my life?  Well, that's simple.  I've never looked at anything the same way ever since I opened my first book.  In the simplest terms, everything I see has a new-founded meaning, a story.  Not to mention, the world feels full of opportunities I wouldn't have known without reading.  Without reading, I wouldn't experience the feeling of escaping into another world, absolutely separate from my own.  I wouldn't stay up past midnight, gripping the precious pages of another story, knowing that I cannot go to bed without knowing what happens at the end of the chapter.  Additionally, I wouldn't have this blog where I can connect with other readers around the world, and fan-girl / discuss my favorite book, or rave about an unsatisfying story.

  I'm tagging lots of people to share their own stories about how reading has impacted YOUR life.  If I didn't tag you, I would still love to hear your input on this topic!  Be sure to link your post in the comments so I don't miss it!













14 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for tagging me! I don't know what I'll say - seeing as you've basically already written my answer (lol), but I'll give it some thought before posting it. ^-^

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for tagging me girl! I also have no idea what to say.. reading has impacted every single thing in my life, from my college major to my sleeping habits! I will definitely let you know when I get this post up. Island of the Blue Dolphins was my favorite book as a child too! I can't even recall how many times I've read it, but I really did love that book. I still own a copy and flip through it when I'm in a reading slump. Love this post girl (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your post! Yes, it's such a fantastic book (: Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it awesome when you start that love of reading at such a young age? I'll be sure to put up a discussion about this on my blog soon!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Reading has impacted my life in so many ways, from my sleeping habits to my spending habits to my perspective on certain issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging us, Cambrie! :D Soph is currently away on a short break, so I'll talk to her about doing this when she gets back! :) It was absolutely lovely to read your reading experience! :) I was a little bit lazy as a young reader, but I'll share more on that in our post. ;)

    Thanks again! <3

    -Ella @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written post!

    Thank you so much for tagging me, Cambrie! I just posted up my own story! :D

    http://onceuponabook-rachel.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/how-reading-has-impacted-my-life.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your post! Thanks tons for doing the tag (:

      Delete
  7. I am a horrible person and forgot you tagged me for this, but I just remembered it and am writing up the post now!! I should have it posted up on my blog on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, it's totally fine!! Can't wait to see the post (:

      Delete